RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR Xs3 Not for Boat use!! no warranty!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 02:11 PM
tat2ist
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Xs3 Not for Boat use!! no warranty!!!

After speaking with 3 JR representatives about this new JR XS3 synthesised receiver, I have gotten no where, and basicly wasted over $200 on this radio system. Apparently, according to JR reps, this receiver can not come in contact with ANY amount of moisture, or humidity. I flipped my boat (as I've done several times in the past few years of r/c boat racing), and the second this boat was retreived, this radio completely quit. No glitching, nothing at all. I bypassed the switch, and tried several battery packs, and still nothing. Any other receiver will usually withstand a certain amount of moisture, and once properly cared for, and dried, will run flawlessly. Not this one. GET IT WET, AND IT'S DONE, KAPUT!!! What does JR have to say about this.... well, they would be glad to SELL me another one, but REFUSE to warranty this product, even though it is brand new technology. They Advertise it in RC Boat Modeller magazine, yet tell me it cannot withstand humidity. Go Figure. Please be warned, and let my lesson be made for all of you. Stay away from this Radio like the Plague if you are running boats. As a matter of fact, they just lost my business completely for boats, cars and planes!!!! Poor judgement on their part I think.
a very PO'd
Dave.