RCU Forums - View Single Post - WOW!! New DL 111cc and 55cc !
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WOW!! New DL 111cc and 55cc !

ORIGINAL: jedijody

Well, I have only been able to bench run the 55. I ran it for about 30 minutes and it was flawless. With the stock can muffler it turned a JXF 22x8 @ just shy of 7200, Idled very well at 1400 and transitioned quick and smooth. No need to run it any more on the bench. I recieved the shipment of engines at about 10:00am Mon., by noon #11 was on my Yak and ready to fly, it's been raining almost nonstop ever since.

I looked at and inspected every engine and made sure everything was in each engines box that was supposed to be there. I expected to see pretty and perfectly smooth castings but was a little surprised to notice cyinder castings, on the very lowest serial numbered engines, that were a little on the rough side in appearance only. The engines with higher serial numbers looked much better, one of the reasons I chose #11 to test. I'm all about function, and so far it does that well, I see every reason to think the new DL engines will perform as well or better than their predecessors. The 111's should be here today or tomorrow.

Jody,

How much more power does the DL55 have compared to the DL50? Just curious if you happen to remember what kind of numbers you were getting with the JXF 22 x 8 on the DL50? I have a DL50 and am happy with it so far, but I was wondering how much more power the DL55 might have?

Thanks,

-Ed B.