RCU Forums - View Single Post - Honeybee King v2 tuner shop
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
betapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Goof man, sorry for the late reply, I have been on spring break with the kids. There is no way to change the 72mhz to 2.4 without changing radio and rec, it is not worth the time and effort if you are only going with new esky stuff, their 2.4 wreaks and is failing left and right. I have been doing mostly the 72mhz V3's due to the rate of failure in the esky 2.4 and that also went for the art techs that used essentially the same system. If you are getting interference then just change frequencies until you are ready to pop for a good radio, I can get you the crystals if need. I noticed you said the crystal in the rx won't come out? Whats up there? Also, you may look at going to the Berg 7 by castle creations, the best non-2.4 rx money can buy and it is programmable via castle link, very cool stuff for around $50 (one of the reasons I still run 72mhz). I have a 7202 that is slightly used (less than 2 hours) that is probably my favorite radio in use today that I will let you have cheap (my personal radio) and you can use it with the bergs or my suggestion would be to go with the 790 scan select rx so you change freq on the fly, the rx usually runs around $85 but no crystals are needed which is really cool.