RCU Forums - View Single Post - Emailed WestonUK Today...about Magnums!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Emailed WestonUK Today...about Magnums!

ORIGINAL: arcticflyer

Today, I emailed Weston UK in an attempt to get them to sell the Magnum uncovered and no hardware at a reduced rate.
The current MagnumR with exchange rates and shipping is not worth the high cost.[:'(] A stripped down version at a much lower cost would I hope get us some Magnums. I for one hate buying the cruddy hardware and covering that comes with alot of todays ARF's.

I would encourage all Magnum fans to email and pressure the company because numbers matter..... Google their web site and let your voices be heard........or someone produce a kit in this country and I'll buy (3) to start.
I'd say this was a good idea if the Magnum was a better aircraft to begin with. Maybe ask them to build the wings straight, reduce the wing sweep to move the NP forward so it lands normally, airfoil the vertical stab a bit, tighten up the aileron end gap, replace the garbage included plastic hardware, seriously rethink their CG recommendations, and whatever else I forgot. I think it is telling that a Q500 with 50" wing span and a thicker wing flies just as fast and handles better.

And on a personal note, I hate yellow and black - I think the visibility of that scheme in the air is highly overrated. The checkerboard turns dull grey at speed.

Other than that I love it.

As to alternatives, there is the Rifle, the MAtney Zoomer (definitely a stripped down kit!). And more on the way.

MJD