RCU Forums - View Single Post - SV27 Water Cooling
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 AM
SV27dayton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SV27 Water Cooling

There has been some discussion of doing this (cooling bats) but with the advent of lipo it's not necessary and w/ nimh its not effective because of the nature of the cells. They are pretty good inslators. So cooling the outside of them is somewhat like colling a brushed motor with an exterior can. It's just difficult to pull heat from the inside. I don't know that he's humiliating himself that much. I cautioned him once b/c some of his posts sounded like doing some dangerous things were OK. This gets some people in trouble because nobody knows if you have any idea what you are doing. You aren't requred to put a signature that says Hi I'm bob, I'm twelve and my mom makes me wear my helmet all the time. I don't mind reading about his adventures. You wouldn't need to do this if you read ever thread on the SV but some peoples nature is that they have to try things and I respect that. If you have more money than patience then start carving. Just put a disclaimer and don't artificially make it sould like an experiment was successful if it wasn't.