RCU Forums - View Single Post - Baja 2 speed all most ready
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baja 2 speed all most ready

Qoute[ As you know I made the first prototype almost two years ago. I sat on the design for awhile, revised, and revised again. I have come to what I hope is the final design. It makes the first prototype look like a toy. I am hoping that this will be bomb proof. Here are some of the features

1. Exclusively designed for the Turtle Racing HD Clutch System. With the loads that this two speed puts on the clutch bell you need and want the HD system if you are running a two speed.

2. 1st gear will use stock gears that are compatible with the Turtle system

3. 2nd gear will be included with the kit

4. The shift point is adjustable from outside the assembly so you can adjust without having to take it apart.

5. Second gear is replaceable and independent from the clutch mechanism

6. The shifting clutch is sealed to keep crap out for those that like to run in sand.

7. 100% rebuildable.

In revisiting the design so many times I was working on trying to get the cost down, make it bomb proof, and make it easy to adjust.

Some things that I still need to work on are the gear cover. Both the gear cover and the second gear will manufactured by injection molding plastic.

Original design was estimated at somewhere around $400-$450. To be honest I just wasn't really interested in working on a product in that kind of price point. With the new changes I think we can get this product into the low $200 range.

Right now I am hard at work in the garage making, again what I hope is, the final prototype. There will be four of these on display and ready to run at RCX 2009.]Quote