RCU Forums - View Single Post - Worst ARF EVER!!! Will's Hobby. . .
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Worst ARF EVER!!! Will's Hobby. . .

ORIGINAL: Black Drape

Hey Chad

I would like to report. It wasn't raining when I got off work tonight, the wind was fairly calm, and the Zero was charged, so I headed for the field. Wow! what a difference some decent gear make. Got two flights in and never nosed it over once. Naw, you're not gonna need flaps. I kept just a little power on till it was about a foot or two above the ground and then cut the throttle and it settled right in. Happy Happy Happy. With the old gear it would nose over every time it landed, if you tried to turnit while it was taxing it would fold in and ground loop. That is all gone now, it's a keeper. Due to the poor quality of the fiberglass, I don't think I would waste the tie to put flaps on it, unless you just like to build. It sure does fly nice though.

Ron
Thanks Ron, I do like to build but I have plenty of projects to scratch that particular itch. I want the Zero to look good so will take the time to refinish it but I think I will pass on cutting into the wing to add the flaps this time around.