RCU Forums - View Single Post - Loss of signal to an AR500
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
jollycub
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of signal to an AR500

I purchased a DX7 this February and installed an AR500 in an Easy Sport. I flew it last week with no apparent problems. Yesterday, I flew it for about 10 minutes and brought it down. After I landed the plane, I couldn't turn it to come back to me. I thought I had killed the engine so started to go get it. As I started to walk to the plane, I goosed the throttle and the engine revved up. I was able to bring it back to me. I didn't think much about it and took my plane back to the pits. I fueled it up and later on took it back up again. This time I flew if for a few minutes when I lost control. Fortunately I was climbing after a turn so the plane was not headed towards the ground. I didn't panic and was able to gain control again and land it. After I landed the second time, I realized I had lost control after landing in the prior flight.
I have the receiver mounted on a pop cycle stick via velcro with a zip tie wrapped around it, I have the long antenna strung along the fuse in a shrink wrap tube. How can I tell if it is the transmitter or receiver that lost control? We range checked it and didn't have any problems. I suppose the safest thing to do would be send the receiver in to be checked.