RCU Forums - View Single Post - WOW!! New DL 111cc and 55cc !
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 AM
rcbill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOW!! New DL 111cc and 55cc !

Hey Cashboboy,
I thought I'd answer your question about "has anyone tried the DL 55 yet"? I haven't had mine in the air as of yet. I'll be buying servos for my plane in a couple of weeks but I did take it to the field and ran it on the Hanger9/Carden airframe. I have the choke servo installed along with the throttle servo. I was very impressed at the way it started and ran. I was running Air Cooled Pennzoil at about 32:1 for fuel and just a Zinger Pro 22-8 for the initial start-up. That is what I will be running for the maiden and a few flights thereafter. Like I said, start up was good, idle was a little high for the time being and the spool up was fantasic. This was all at factory settings. I didn't run it long enough to start playing with the needless but I did start it and shut it down a few times to heat cycle it. I have no rpm numbers and might check some time just for gigles but I don't rely on them. Performance in the air is what it's all about. There were a few others at the field that were as impressed as I was...... Bill