RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Design 96" Spitfire Build
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 PM
spitmad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Model Design 96" Spitfire Build

Hi Guys

Sorry for my absence, I got side tracked with my Datsun 260Z retoration for the past few months..........BUT I'M BACK BABY !!!

This is my Zed that kept me away from the building bench , I won "Best Zed" at the QLD Easter Nationals and came thrid in class at Morgan Park raceway .

Ok back to the Spit, freshly back from a 17 hr drive from Warwick, I spent a few hours on the weekend installing the engine (3MM 53 gasser) and glued the horizontal stab in place (I had to mount the engine to check all the incidences of engine main plane and horizontal stab ). I have also added a layer of 6 oz cloth to the fuse front section as it was easily deformed.
In the past few months I have also made a new oil cooler (Mk V style) from a balsa block and opened up the underwing radiator, the supplied superchager intake is way off scale so I'll carve up a new one from a a balsa block.

I need to work on a way to duct cooling air around the engine and vent it thru the firewall as I want the donk fully enclosed and use a fan behind the spinner to blow air past the head, this works on the Byron P51 so hopefully I can get it to work on the Spit

Stay tuned for new pics shortly

Alan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25539.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1183633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53854.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	1183634