View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Model Design 96" Spitfire Build

more like dumb, dunno about glutton.

anyway #2 is back on track after a little sabatical by us both.

Well investigate those spinners, Ian Howard is only over other side of Bris and good mate of mine knows him well so will pop over to look at them first hand.

DB cockpit kit maybe the way to go purely from a $$ perspective. Hard to justify cost of the inzpan cockpits. same for those Fighter aces pilots, mate thay may be works of art but I can't afford $500 on a doll either [:-] her indoors would have a fit and dend 10 new outfits as compensation hehe.

that aces of iron pilot looks grouse, great job of paining. Now if the head could be grafted to a body that had suitable uniform and fittings . . .

Tail wheel would be quite easy, the tail unit pokes down at about a 45 degree angle. If you made the top most point a pivot then used a shock absorber such as the one used on the Robart 160WC tail unit then think that would work nicely.

The block is 3000 m^2 and yup can fly a small eletric park flyer in it thoughthink the neighbours would object to the Seafury screaming about. There is plenty of length to take off and land though but after that little youtube incident with the DJ flight over in Perth I think that will not be a wise move.

cheers
Peter