RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well, it finally happened...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
DustinB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, it finally happened...

Been flying since january and I've been wondering when it was going to happen, I crashed my GP Big Stik 40 today. Surprisingly it actually wasn't my fault, the front peg that holds the front of the wing on broke and the wing went flipping away in the wind. The plane rolled over and I tried to give some elevator to make it at least hit somewhat level, it still pretty much lawn darted. I knew that damn flimsy wing peg was going to fail one day, I wonder why GP hasn't done anything about it. I guess there's no warranty on this seeing as I bought it second had?

Everything seems to be ok as far as the servos and receiver are concerned, I'm just praying my brand new saito 82 golden knight is ok, looks like the carb mount is bent as well as the need valve, just from inertia.

So now I'm looking at getting a new plane, I still plan to rebuild this one but I want something else to fly in the mean time. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like a good quality built plane somewhat similar. Something that can handle the wind good. I was thinking maybe the new GP 40 size extra, the blue one, or a u can do 3d. I already have a seagull extra 300s, but it is a slight bit too much for me, really touchy. Any ideas on a fun solidly built plane? I'm hoping to put this saito 82 on it.

I will post some pics of the damage later when I get my camera out.