RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well, it finally happened...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
DustinB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, it finally happened...

Thanks for the replies, I wish I had even had a chance at knife edge. At least those guys still had one wing, I just had a fuselage. The pulse and the escapade are more of sport planes aren't they? I'm looking for an easy flying plane capable of knife edge, hover, slow flight, etc.. Has anyone flown one of the GP Extra SP 46 size? Something similar?

Here are the pics, as you can see the plane isn't totally destroyed, but I won't rebuild it for a while. I'm more worried about the engine. In the pic you can see how the carb is twisted and the needle valve is bent. Is there any way to tell what all is damaged? This is my first crash and I don't know where to begin other than the obvious bent needle.

Thanks

Oh yeah, and to top it off, I decided to fly my trex 450 once the wind died down and had bad luck there too. So far I'm 0 and 2 today. Nothing bad happened other than a broken main blade and landing gear. ESC apparently cut off from low voltage and it didn't want to auto rotate for some reason. Landed hard on the gear upright.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78532.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1188653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70726.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	1188654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91141.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	55.0 KB