RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well, it finally happened...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Well, it finally happened...

ORIGINAL: DustinB
I was thinking if I toned down the throws and dialed in a good bit of expo I could fly the GP Extra SP or the GP U-Can-Do 3D. Am I just having wishful thinking? Anything else similar to these planes? I like to hover, stall turns, inverted flight, knife edge, almost stalling slow flight,etc...
In my opinion the Extra is a much better plane than the U-Can-Do; I own the Extra and I have owned the U-Can-Do. There is really no comparison between the two, they're entirely different types of airplanes with the Extra being much more precise. The Extra may not be as forgiving as the U-Can-Do though since it doesn't have that huge thick wing to make it float around.

Is either one wishful thinking? Hard to say with seeing your skills in person. Generally neither is the best ideas for someone who has flown for such a short period of time but I suppose there are always rare exceptions.

I would think long and hard before making a decision and maybe get some input from a few experienced pilots at your field.

If you do end up getting the GP Extra, fly it on the recommended low rates for a while. It will be plenty aerobatic even then.