RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well, it finally happened...
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
donjr721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, it finally happened...

sorry about your stik. i was fortunate enough to buy a stik last year at an auction for 4 bucks (no kidding) i put an ASP 61 on it, installed my gear. i should have redone the aileron linkages from the get go, they ran at an angle away from the servo instead of straight back. i had seen planes done like this before, they worked fine. i took it out, got it up, the ailerons bound and stuck me in a bank. i flew it 3/4 away around the field until it met the ground. the crash broke the left wing in half, cracked the fuselage, and ripped out the firewall. i was crushed as well. i stripped it down, reframed the wing, installed dual aileron servos (linkages short and straight to the ailerons), recovered and reinstalled everything. it flys amazing, my first stik. i don't know who it is made by, but now i have about 45 dollars wrapped up in it. my next flight with it i ripped off the main landing gear, i dead sticked it, came in hot, and set her down too hard. i have mine set up as a tail dragger. I reinforced the mains and she's ready to go again. i still can't believe the ease and maneuverability of this plane, slow or fast. i love it. keep on flyin.