RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 10C Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 10C Questions

Well I've had my 10C for about a year now and I will answer what I can as the best I can.
Q-1 Ref the 6014FS receiver, after buying the 10C I sold my 6014FS to a friend that had a 12FG 2.4 and as far as I know he hasn't had any issues with the RX, I replaced it with the 608FS and have not had any problem with them.Now I see there also discontinued.So looks like I will have to watch RCU and hope I can get them alittle cheaper.

The dot issue, well when I got the 6014FS w my 10C it didnt have any dots ( you will find the small double dots on the end were the coax cable come out of the receiver. Some of the after market 608FS RX and 617FS RX have the dots and others dont. Only thing I can sugesst is call hobby services and ask them what option you have as fare as warranty on the 6014FS. They may want you to send them the RX and they can check it over to see if there are any heat issues with the RX. Basicly the Futaba site states you need to cover your canopy with say a white towel if your plane is setting in direct sun light. This is supose to cut down on the heat build up inside the fuse. while setting still. Futaba site also states to mount the RX on its side so air can get to the RX and cool it down. Only down side is you cant see the red and green RX lights to make sure your RX and TX are propery linked together. The futaba site also say you sould range check your TX and RX at the begining of each day of flight. Your 10C manual sould state how to do this.

Q-2 I'v used a 2100mah Nimh 6.0 volt battery with my 617FS with my 9C and did not have any problems. My guess is they dont want you to possibly use LIPO's with the 617FS maybe without a regulater between the RX and the battery.
As fare as the down loads for the 6014FS Hobby Serices may be able to send you the PDF file for down loading.

Last question, yup that might be the great dreaded dot, on my 608FS and 617FS all have dots and are different colors, some white some yellow. My guess this is a way for hobby services to know that the RX has been checked over by them

Hope this helps and doesn"t make Bax and Krista mad. If you get the chance to talk with either of them there both great people to talk to and both work for hobby services. I dont this there trying to hide anything from the public. They can only answer what they have been privied too.

NEDYOB