RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 10C Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New 10C Questions

I took care of my last question, a printable FAQs document. I've spent the last hour and a half copying the 10C FAQs to a Word document. All 41 pages of it.

A few interesting things popped up in the process. I'll point out one.

On page 20 of the 10C Instruction Manual, at the top, I quote "The receiver contains preceision electornic Parts. It is the most delicate radio component on-board the model and should be protected from vibration, shock and temperature extremes. To protect the receiver, wrap in in R/C foam rubber or other vibration-absoorbing material."

Then in the FAQs, under #5 in Airplane programing, "How to Get the Best Performance from Your 2.4GHz FASST Aircraft Receivers."

"Below are some recommendations for updating the way you install and maintain radio gear. Make them a part of your routine, and you'll enjoy the best performance from your 2.4GHz FASST radio gear.
1. Don't wrap your FASST receiver in foam.
Protecting your receiver from vibration by wrapping it in foam used to be a "must". Not so with 2.4GHz FASST receivers. Unlike 72MHz equipment, they're not as vulnerable to vibration. Using less foam lets them operate cooler - which is a plus for all electronics.
Tip: To keep the receiver cooler use small foam blocks (like standoffs) so that there is an air channel around the receiver."

I thought this was an interesting conflict. I think the FAQ wins in my view.

Don