RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
flyachopper1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hello winged and rotored wonders,
WHATTT!!!! Look down on someone because they love flying machines of all types. Oh No, that is not going to happen with me and I am sure the other members feel the same. Planks have been a big part of my flying hobby and I can assure you that JD has some real nice planes too. Flying is flying and we here all appreciate and admire fine machinery of all kinds. Hey, we even tout about our cars, motorcycles and other examples on here. Love your quarter scale bi-plane Mike. Looks like you have put in the work and I can see a lot of attention to detail in the construction. I would love to see that bird fly.

Another windy day here so I won't be flying any little helis. However, I will be taking the black beauty up for a romp this afternoon. It has been through it's scheduled service and I will be doing a checkout of things today. I am going to take advantage of the flight and find a nice secluded place for a picnic lunch somewhere out in the canyons south of here. I need part of a day to be lonely and unwind after all the recent events. I know of a spot with a nice pond that has a fat bass in it waiting for me to offer it a fine fat worm. I will be hopping up and down the rivers here starting Monday to map and log the usual spring changes in them. They move around quite a bit out here in the flatlands and the state keeps the ranchers updated on the conditions on and next to their grazing lands. Easy work and good money. The first week of June I will be flitting around for the railroad again. They have a massive amount of work going on their mainlines across Nebraska and Wyoming and the suits and ties like to see it all from the air. Again, easy work and good money.

Have amassed a pile of "stuff" for the Harley. Got the saddle bags, toolbag & fork bag yesterday. A sissybar/backrest today and the new "two up" seat should be here soon. I'll have her all set up to be comfy for two people real soon. Rode the heck out of it yesterday and had a lot of fun. There are a lot of motorcyclists here and I have been spending a lot of time proudly showing them all the shiny bits on that scoot.

Gotta head for the hangar. Have the best of days me friends.