RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 12:02 AM
flyachopper1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hey gyro jockies,
Well, the black beauty was her wonderful self today. As always Ames and his crew had her up to snuff and ready to zoom. Took her out south about thirty miles and landed on a nice flat spot next to a big stand of trees and that pond I mentioned. loafed around next to the pond and had a light lunch. Drowned about six worms trying to coax up a fat bass. Caught several small ones but no trophies. Oh well, just being out there alone and peaceful was all that mattered. I think I am recharged now and ready to get back to a normal scheme.

It was quite windy all day here so I didn't try to fly any of the small birds. I sat and stared at the A Star parts some and fiddled with the T Rex frame I am trying to fit it to. I have really slowed down on that project but will get it done. I have been thinking that I am accumulating too many helis again and may be culling the herd some soon. The old wrecked 'mutant' is still piled in a box. The T Rex 500 has been ignored lately. The completed helis have been getting all the flying time. I need to do a complete go over of the T Rex 450 SE V2. It has a lot of flyig time on it and I am sure something needs attention. Donicas Copter X is still like new. I was looking around the workroom today thinking it needs a thorough cleaning. It is messier than I usually let it get. I love it. always something to do in there.

Me Cajun beauty rolled out of El Paso this morning heading for Macon. She is going to take her time as she has plenty of that for the trip this time. Spoke with her on the phone about two hours ago and she is feeling good. She says "hay theah" to you all. She told me that she forgot to pack her battery charger and that she called the hotel about it. They are going to send it to her hotel in Macon for her. She said she just plain forgot that it was on a shelf in the kitchenette area of her hotel room and thought of it after she was on the road. It will be going by UPS so it should get there about as fast as she does.

JD,
I think I have everything for the Harley now. I am waiting for the new seat t arrive and that's the last part I need. I will spend a day after it arrives getting all the stuff installed. It rides nice now but that seat is honestly quite uncomfortable for two people. Kind of crowds things and there is no backrest for the passenger. I think it will be much better now and still look good. I plan to take it out for some scooting tomorrow.

Matty me bucko,
How you doing matey? I hope you are doing OK. I kind of miss your sharp wit around here. Kind of wish I could get together with you, get stinking drunk and unload some stress. You know about that old therapy system. Tip some ales with a pal and do some yelling and whooping. That always vents some nerves.

Time to sleep me friends.