View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox Conquest Piston Liners

ORIGINAL: DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

I got one of these from Devious Dave a while back and have recently pulled a kit off the shelf for it. I've got a header sticking out the back, but that's it. Is there a pipe or something I should be looking for?

The stock pipe was a 1/4 wave, but some folks have been putting tuned pipes on them. I called RJL to see what people were doing with this and was told they were using MAC's header and pipes. So, I called MAC and he sounded like I was from mars or something. Dunno what to tell you on this one.

Got a smile, from the RJL response to you. A few years ago, I purchased one of those anemic K&B .18 engines from Mecoa. After break-in, tried some different props & fuel combos, but the engine was always a dog. Went to the Mecoa forum & stated my case, that the engine ran just a tad better than a well used $25 Enya 15, that I got off of the 'bay. Instead of giving me a reply about the K&B, the mecoa rep told me that I wasn't getting those kind of RPMs out of the Enya. He then told me the max RPMs that the Enya would give using an 8x4 prop. !!! I replied back & mentioned the super performance figures that they (RJL/MECOA) advertised. These figures were with a pipe installed. I asked for specifics about the pipe measurements. After all, if they are advertising a product making these kind of huge numbers, then they should be able to tell their customers how to get there. (Am I wrong with this kind of thinking???) Their (mecoa's) response was to list the MAC site. Like an idiot, I went forward, bought the header, pipe, & tubing. Played with that for quite awhile, & finally gave up. ........ I've got several Conquests. If & when I should need something for one of them, I'll either try to fab myself, or deal with Ron Y. Mecoa seems to be too busy to talk to a customer. ............ George K.