RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 02:00 PM
cajungirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hay helloooo theah,Whew, been a busy week. I've been leading a small group of nursie newbies around and also got involved in helping to remodel the childrens ward. The hospital in Macon is kinda old and in need of a lot of work. I spent my evenings after work hammerin' nails, plasterin' and paintin'. Lots of work but so much fun too. Actually got real dirty and tired. Very satisfyin'. I met some real cool folks and ate some real good vittles brought in by townsfolk. All the work was bein' done by volunteers and the place looks real nice now. I'm done here in Macon and will be headin' for New Orleans tonight. As of now I'm scheduled to be there for three weeks. I've never worked there before so I'm lookin' forward to some new surroundings. I've been in and around N'awrlins several times on vacation and such, but have never worked the hospitals there. Yeah JD (I can feel what you're thinkin' my friend). I know how tough and mean N'awrlins can be. I promise to be real careful, stay outta the bad areas and keep my high caliber friend handy. My daddy has the same concerns for this trip but said he knows I can be smart about bein' in the cities and he knows he and Jay have taught me well on handlin' the pea shooter I have along.I took my little 520 with me one evenin' and showed off for all the folks workin' on the kids ward. Now that was fun. Everyone was tickled with watchin' it flit around the place. I had to make myself put it away and get some work done. The guy that was organizing the work there is a plane pilot and flies RCs too. He and his wife were thrilled to see a gal flying a heli. He said he always wanted to try helis but never found time or money. I showed him several websites where he can get little helis cheap to start with and he thinks he's gonna try one like mine. Hopefully we'll have another convert soon. Talked to Jay on the phone just before wirtin' this and he says to tell y'all hello. He's been working every day for awhile for the railroad and puttin' in 12 hour days. He said he took the T Rex out for some flyin' yesterday evenin' and had some fun. The wind came up there again though and cut his time out there short. It's a bad time of year there for the wind and that frustrates him a lot. But, he's doin' good and lovin' the work he's doin'. Gonna go for now and get packed for the drive. I'll be on the road all night.See y'all soon and please be happy, healthy and stay just like you are.Donica