RCU Forums - View Single Post - Deception .60 CAD Plans
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Deception .60 CAD Plans

ORIGINAL: rainedave

That sounds like a great idea, Mitch. I'd suggest that you also make a laser cut file (like the one below) while you're at it.

David
Mitch,

great initiative on the Deception! Ithink your project would be a worthwhile effort particularly if there was a need from Scott. I'm not sure to what extent he has been able to make progress on the reduced scale versions but a CAD plan along with a laser cut file would simplify that effort I would imagine. Of course, Scott will have further input on that front (also see me post above).

David,

Aside from the great modifications you made to JB's Escape plans (which I actually haven't seen), Iwas wondering whether you had done any further work on the project (i.e., a laser cut file)?

Another idea would be to produce a laser cut file for JB's Escape. My feeling is that there is a certain amount of interest in this aircraft and to my knowledge no one is yet putting together a short kit. Producing a laser file with CAD plans might assist the excellent and very skilled short kit producers we hear more and more from. Just an idea.

I always wondered to what extent the Escape was influenced by the Deception. The design concept is very similar (moments, planform, wing/stab position wrt to the thust line, etc.)

David.

P.S. Where's my good old RCUfont!? There's YouTube stuff here now but Ican't use my old font which I found easy to read...