RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite AT6 ARF
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 AM
flyermark
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite AT6 ARF

I am using Hitec 475s for the control surfaces in my Texan .  No problems.  I have DS821s in my Funtana X 50 and my Sundowner 50 with no problems in either plane.

BTW - my issue with my retracts was NOT the retact itself but rather the attachment at the servo arm which broke.  A new, HD servo arm is now in place.  I believe the issue was caused by my inadvertant retraction of the gear while on the ground which included an attempt to quickly cycle them back down once I realized what I had done.  It must have had a crack in it and when I hand checked and cycled the gear it was ok.   Once I recycled them again at the field ( and DIDN"T hand check them to make sure they were locked this time) the right side must not have locked.   A painful lesson to my wallet at a bad time economically but you learn from your mistakes.  I have learned from this one which is my first retract plane.   Live and learn.

Bottom line, my issue was NOT due to Top Flite parts.  The retract itself and the wires are still perfect.  No cracks and straight.  I felt it appropriate for me to clarify the situation not that I have done my investigation.

Happy and safe flying to all.