RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
dooleyje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hey all. The Gaui is finished. I have not flown it yet and plan to do so tomorrow.

The fly-in was great. I got to hob-nob with Curtis Youngblood and several other pros. If you have a chance to see these guys fly the smoothness is awsome. When they do 3D you do not see the jerky bale out looking 3D that you see me or else where. AND LOW head high most of the time. We did get the pleasure of seeing the big boys pile a couple in including Curtis, twice. See, we all do it so don't despair. We had a couple of receiver lock outs so we are not sure what happen. With 5 flightlines running you never know. Funny, only helicopters were affected.... UUUMMMM. As Curtise said: Yep, i dumped it!!. We all DON'T blame radio falureLOL As a note, Mr. Youngblood checks evry singlr bolt andevery inch of his helis before every flight.. Lesson learned! He also had a couple of Rave 450 helis. Wow, makes the Align products look like cheap toys. Speaking of Align. Thenew 450 pro is out and issuper nice. The carbon frames arebeefer. The servo mounting insures same length control rods but are the devil to install and the heli is not repair friendly as far as the SE. To install or remove the servos you have to removeframe parts to get at the screws. YUCK. The Tail has a little slop in it and it has a single slide ball on the tail shaft and that was a disappointment. The tail uses a torgue tube and that is a plus and it is very smooth. athe main shaft does not use a top collar. It has a welded ring built into theshaft. You have to install shimes to tighten up theshaft mounting. The head, tail, swash and all the rest of the metal parts are awsome. The beefy frame is very narrow and the canopy is new style looking good. I saw it fly and it is super smooth and banging in the hands of the pros. The tail servo mounts on a plate that is located between the frame in the rear and give a better straight through run for the control rod. The motor and controller are different. The heli reminds me of a shrunk 500/600.

Jim