RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUNJET
Thread: FUNJET
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:45 AM
dic181

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FUNJET

Wow! What a great couple of days out I had with the new FJ.

Every time I went up with it the guys at the field were awe struck...

The words to describe... Holy F@#K.. OMFG... etc.

Had eight flights trying the 4.1 x 4.1E
4.5 x 4.5
6 x 5.5 APC
4.75 x 4.75 APC
6 x 4
Even tried the 7x 4.

All came down with cool motor and esc. Throttle management was the key.

This bird handles so different on each prop. The best for speed seemed to be the 4.5 x 4.5 and the 4.1 x 4.1.

Max speed seemed to be obtained at 3/4 throttle for about 6 seconds coming down at about 20 -30 degrees into level flight at 10 feet off the ground. Wat a rush.

No room for error! Vertical is insane !!!!

The packs all came down warm, more cool than anything.

I can only guess from wat the spectators say it was at times hitting 200kph... Maybe. I know it's fast and touchie, but a whole lot of fun.

My cheeks are sore from smiling and from some close calls diving to level flight. Only wish I had something to record the experience so I could share with all you as it's the help from the reads that got me addicted.

This is my first FJ and have now purchased 2 more for spares.

Will do some mods to the next ones to make it as good as possible.

Will be flying this every chance I get.

The crazy thing is the FJ doesn't seem to like being inverted for long periods at a fast speed. That's me just being a bit silly as the stryker was awesome inverted at full throttle about 1/2 foot off the deck.

Totally hooked.
Even have a couple of guys monitoring the FJ to see if it's where they would like to go. They reckon I'm crazy with the speed of this thing... Sorry am a little hyped at the moment as I just came back from more flights at the local park.

Will post pic soon. Stickers even flew off mid flight today. That says the glue aint the best...

Cheers all.