RCU Forums - View Single Post - YGE 80 HV Speed Controller
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YGE 80 HV Speed Controller

I spent some time on the phone with Chris Moon last night to learn the programming card. I'm anything but an electronic wiz. After working with it a little I found it to be pretty easy to deal with.
I still have some more testing to do with my new plane and the YGE/Pletty/ Rhino/ True RC 15C/TRue RC 10C combinations that I'm using.
One thing that I can see the need for is to clone my plane settings into 3 different versions for each set of lipo's that I'm using. I've found that the high C lipo's dump so fast that you easily end the flight with little or no power left vs: the 10C lipo's which while not as powerful act as a govenor on your power.
I think I can set the higher C lipo's at a lower curve setting to stop the over use I give them.
Also the trim changes are pretty significant because the weights of the lipo's are all over the place.This is another reason the multipleplanes on thetransmitteris an advantage.
True 15C's are around 46 ounces
Rhino's 20C's around 45 ounces
True 10C's around 43 ounces
In my Fatboy Sickle the weights are a problem because I have the heavierlipo's as far forward as I can get them for CG.
Reason for all the differnet lipo's? Weights to make 11lb limit and just what I have right now.
Mike