RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jobs of RC people
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jobs of RC people

ORIGINAL: msave

Whoever started this thread, kudos to ya, it's interesting to see all the diverse classes of people who love rc's. Brings alot of hope, that they're not fading, like some people think. Alot of you guys are lucky to have a job. Like I said earlier I'm a laid off painter and drywall finisher. Looking to go back to school for something else, just can't figure out what. The unions are fading, I'm 40 and really starting to worry. All these posts have given me some ideas, thanks to everyone for contributing. Also for you 14 yr. olds, you can get small jobs, mowing grass,etc. JUST REMEMBER ONE THING PLEASE!!! DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND WAS HAPPY TO GET OUT OF SCHOOL AND PARTY ALL THE TIME. yOU REALLY DO NEED A DEGREE TO GET A GOOD JOB THESE DAYS, SO STICK TO STUDIES AND GET THE MINDSET READY FOR COLLEGE!!!!!!! If I could do it over again I would have went. My Dad told me in 7th grade to get into computers, because that was the new era. I said ya,ya. Should have listened, that was back in'82. Don't learn the hard way, like I did!!!!!
I agree 100%. I chose party, clubs, and girls. Was making good money as a tile and carpet installer/ independant contractor and was doing ok until I got hurt. Now Im a customer service rep. Don't get me wrong they pay good and have great benefits but its not what I want to do. Actually thinking of going back to school to get a degree in business. All you young kids stay in school and if not then aspire to be your own boss or something and become a success. Don't wait for a hand out. There is no better feeling than getting what you want through your own hard work. And you 14yr olds out there. You can get a job. I did it and ended getting my own car without the help of mom or dad. That was a great feeling.