RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 GHz Weatronics, PPM or PCM?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:40 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 GHz Weatronics, PPM or PCM?

ORIGINAL: jetnuno

It is very sad to me that the 2.4ghz sistem can't work in the fasst mode and as to use a big box on the top of the TX to.

Regards

Nuno

Nothing sad, Nuno , its a very different system, its bi-directional with a whole host of facilities not available in FASST so if you used justfaast you would lose almostall of the many advantages and facilities created by Weatronics 2.4 so I cant see the point(apart from using Fasst receivers) The small box, a transceiver, on the top of the TX is that size and shape because of its dual high efficiency antennae,no more long aerials as on 35/36/72.and the new antennae havemuch better radiation pattern than a single rod aerial. It is also a display unitfor the LEDs which warn of any parameter outside of preset value. Having flown it for quite a few flights, I just dont see it as a problem at all, just different to waht we have been used to, and actually I rather like it now, knowingtheamazing and highly valuable capabilities which it bestows on the system, many of which we havenever had available before. !!

Regards, David Gladwin.