RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 PM
jaime.mi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark

The first picture is the first step. Carbon fiber reinforcement 4.8 mm variety, 200 grit sanding all over in an effort to remove all the injection mold marks and smooth out the entire airframe. Third picture is the top view of step one. I mentioned not using the Wow planes mix for this build, but after studying their procedure in detail, I decided to use their first step to smooth out  the airframe.
We are talking about a 1 to 1 mixture of Durhams Water Putty and light weight spakle. You then add about 4 spoonfulls of water (better to do 1 at a time, and do not use DAP brand it does not dissolve in water) you are looking for the consistency of household paint. A foam brush will not leave brush strokes, and only a thin coat is added. Before painting the mixture on the the airframe, I use the light weighgt spakle to fill out gaps like the nose cone, the factory hinge holes and make sure the entire surface was smooth. 45 minutes later the spakle was dry and I painted the mixture to fill in and smooth out the spakle. Picture 2 shows the top view before another second coat all around tomorrow morning.

Fly fast, take chances...