RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programs using a lot of memory
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:49 AM
JB COMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programs using a lot of memory

ORIGINAL: Dialed_In

The trick to backups is testing them . At a minimum you should create data backups of pics, music, software keys, etc.

Goodto hear MalwareBytes came up clean. Do you have CCleaner? It's a simpleprogram that cleans up the junk files on your computer. You can get itat your favorite download site or directly from them. I recommend the"slim" version that comes without the optionally installed toolbar.

The slim build is at the bottom of this page. http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds

Note:CCleaner will clean up your browsers cache, cookies, history, etc. Italso allows you to check or uncheck items that you do or do not wantcleaned. I would run the cleaner regularly to keep things tidy. Don'tmess with the registry cleaner and if you do, make a backup when itasks you to before fixing the issues.

I wish I could help more.The 3.5 version of Firefox should be out soon (July?) as it's already arelease candidate. I know some folks have had memory issue with Firefoxwhile others get along fine. With 3 tabs open I'm at 91,000K but mysystem is no slouch.

We use Windows back up. I'm still un sure about it.

have CCleaner. Had it for a while now.

had FF 3.5B4 and 3.5B99 both seemed to work the same as 3.0.11