RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trainers - How easy are they?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Dumptrucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trainers - How easy are they?

Your right about finding an instructor. I wish there was one aound here I could get help from. I got my mini super cub up and flying but I have trouble keeping it up long enough to learn anything about flying it. This thing WANTS to fly. It just needs someone who knows what they'r doing at the controls. I've already done more with it than I ever did with my J-3 Piper.
Yesterday I had it up pretty high but it flew over some tree tops and I lost control of it. I found it way off in the open field across the road. The weeds there are waist high and no damage was done. Also if I could learn not to be so nervous when it's flying I think I might do better. I think I tend to over react on the controls. Someone said I need practice. They were right. I need lots of practice. I hope I can get the practice without wrecking my plane. So far I've been pretty fortunate in that except for the J-3 Piper cub I have. I finaly got a new fuselage for that and got evrything transfered from the old one. I think I'l hold off on trying to fly that one for a while till I get better with my mini cub.
There are two model airplane clubs not too far from here. I tried e-mailing them to ask when I could come out to they'r field but couldn't get an answere from either of them. I'm kind of relunctant to just drive in uninvited.