RCU Forums - View Single Post - ENGINE SEALANT
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 06:27 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ENGINE SEALANT

ORIGINAL: dittch

12 hours and the RTV is fine in both nitromethane and methanol. It's also fine in the 20% nitro fuel after 3 days. Good idea on the paper smear test. I just did it on all 3 experiments and not one bit of residue.

I think I should take some pictures....not that it will prove anything to you supertib, but for those objective folks with an open mind and the willingness to learn, it may be helpful. As a matter of fact, I'm going to look into putting it on video and posting it on youtube or something like that.

They're all back in the solvents. I'll let these go for 1 week. If nothing happens after that I'll take them to work and sonicate the heck out of them at elevated temperature for a few hours and do one last paper smear test.

ORIGINAL: supertib

I am being assaulted by a bunch of newbies !!!!!! Help !

......so go back to playing with your RTR's and we will continue this once the blob has soaked for 24-48 hours.... no heat will be needed

haha, so now you're calling all those who disagree with you newbies. You're losing credibility by the minute. This is just another example of your pure arrogance since you don't know any of us. This kind of talk continues to show who you really are. Regardless of the results of your test, I'm sure you'll report it as not nitro proof. I've seen how you act in this thread and your problem is that you think too highly of yourself. I also get the impression that you and are incapable of admitting when you are wrong. It's obvious that people who don't take your word as gospel are a threat to you, and that's just sad.

You really need to get over yourself. You may think of yourself as so much more knowledgable on the subject than the rest of us, but everyone sees you for who you really are.....and believe me, I think I can speak for about everyone when I say we're far from impressed. Now get back in the toolbox where you belong.

Post pictures please.... if you want to prove your right post pictures and quit fighting... i mean I seriously don't care !!!! I use a better product then RTV anyways....Honestly your more interested in attacking me personally then you are with just proving the topic,,,please just post pics ! I am going to with the copper RTV so you might as well do the same.....

As for the newbie comment ...there are 2 people in this thread have a total post count of less then 10, they are absolute newbies to this forum.....

I mean seriously dude you act very high and mighty, what kind of RC gear do you own anyways ? what experience do you have ? have you ever raced, have you ever owned anything remotely close to quality when it comes to RC ? I have plenty of credentials if you care to look... Maybe the RTV you have is holding up IDK, its a very minor thing anyways... But regardless when it comes to nitro engines and nitro engine performance you are a newb in my books...I can back up what I say about these engines without any issue, i have dozens of videos, dozens upon dozen's of happy customers, I modify engines for a pro racing team and over the years have collected many dozens of trophies at both national and regional events....your likely still running a RTR XTM and Axial engines ! LOL ... Maybe your right, the RTV your using is Nitro proof, I know for sure the copper RTV we have here is not.... Who cares.....seriously ! you dont like me saying i know more then you do, then please lets see some videos of your gear running, it will show us immediately how much you know....

hers what my RC's run like if you wish to compare notes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svbaqFOW_5Q

and hers the results of my engines at the Canadian Winter nationals...
\

wanna see some more ?