RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Mini Rio
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM
dcwwcp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Mini Rio

I finally read the whole thread! I wish there was a mini rio sticky post with a sumation of the technical info.

sacman31- you say wrapping the motor with some tubing (assuming some copper capillary tubing) actually works better than water directly on the motor?

I have recently acquired a MR for a good price. the range on the stock RX is only about 75 feet though. that's actually the thing I'm dissapointed in th most. the fact that it won't get on plane by itself at all sounds like it's fixable by a small cheap fix with a x431 prop.

as long as I'm staying with the stock stuff, I'm going to pull the stock motor apart (as I do with almost all stock motors) and peel a few winds/rewind for more power. better than paying way too much for a simple brushed motor(vr3)

I'm not taking on but a drop or two of water so I'm happy about that.

I made a small bracket/shelf that goes over the motor to drive coupling. that way I can use fairly large batteries, 1800mah 2s lipos, and move them forward without a problem. as soon as I can remember how to post a picture I will do so.