RCU Forums - View Single Post - whats the deal with the sportworks turmoil pro?
Old 07-04-2009, 08:48 PM
jonnymobil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats the deal with the sportworks turmoil pro?

but all the parts are avalable on line for super cheap,and the diff housings dont even rotate.i seriously doubt that the fact that the sportworks weighs maybe 1/2 lb more than the losi 8ight will hurt a beginners performance to badly on the track.maybe if i was a top pro but then id be sponsored,and plus the .26 engine will pump out more power than any buggy can put to the ground so it wont be slow by any means,i know because i had this engine in an old lst of mine and it hit wheelies and was super fast and powerfull,i had one of the fastest lst's arround with the sportworks 7 port .26.theese motors still go for top dollar online new or used!

well in that case what does everyone think about the ofna picco buggy,it can be had for under 300 brand new and granted the radio gear is junk but all radio gear in rtr's except for losi is junk.even if you buy an rtr jammin crt the radio gear will be junk,but the ofna picco for under 300 comes with the pbs suspension and a genuine .21 picco engine and chrome tuned pipe,seems like a killer deal to me.

also does the aluminum bulkeads really make it that much heavier?i mean that cant weigh more than an ounce more than the stock plastic parts,your adding maybe 2 ounces max.with all the power todays engines are making some weight may be good? at this point in time i would rather have a more durrable buggy then a stripped down light weight one that cant take any dammage.i am a beginner so i will probably crash and land wrong a few times,i think at this point i need to concentrate on my driving skill rather than spending 600 on a buggy thats 1/2 pound lighter.

also all the aluminum makes the buggy look major sick.i am a huge fan of aluminum bulkheads,on a race vehicle you dont want to go all aluminum because when you do crash it will bend the whole thig into bits but i do like to have a nice solid core to mount everything too.

also the fact that everything is so cheap online,i mean i bought 5 team chassis(the milled out lightened ones) for only 9 each,thats a steal.

so does anyone else have an opinion on my buggy? good?no good?