RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Mini Rio
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 AM
dcwwcp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Mini Rio

sorry to interupt with a sad story, but my mini rio just ended up at th bottom of davey jones's locker! yeah that's right it sank! I even added foam to the existing foam. I am so thoroughly disappointed in the boat and in Aquacraft. it was running just fine on a nice quite smooth pond and all of the sudden it quit moving. I could hear the motor spinning but no movement. to me this obviously means that the flex drive either came loose or broke, or the prop broke. since I don't dare stick it in the water without checking that the set screws are still tight, I know they weren't loose. as I grabbed my catfish rod and tennis ball rig, the boat started sinking rather quickly. so i figured the prop wasn't the problem, but the shaft broke and was completely gone. the boat was immediately into "nose bobbing" position. I thought , "no big deal, it has plenty of foam in it an it's only 25 foot from shore. the second cast got the string right across the nose and I started to gently pull it in when it sank completely! gone, bye bye.

I called the number for great planes distributors(only number I found on the aquacraft website) and talked to support. the guy said ' yeah that could happen" and proceeded to tell me that it was tough luck an I would have to produce the boat and the receipt of purchase to get a new flex shaft. basically he could care less, and I was probably just lying so I could get something for free.

I don't get it. I've had this boat for two weeks, only put it on the water about six times. it was still in wstock form except for a small battery shelf I put in. $100 boat and it lasted for six runs, breaks, sinks, and oh well tough luck? thoroughly disappointing.
I hate to be negative, I really do, but I would not recommend to anyone at this time to buy a mini rio, I can't believe the customer service I received.

anybody ever retrieve a sunkin' RC boat from the murky deep before?

anybody know some other number I could call to plead my case?