RCU Forums - View Single Post - DL-55 Starting problems
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
semc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DL-55 Starting problems

Just purchased DL55 with 22*10 prop and fitted to chip hyde 3d, I have tried for 3 days to get the engine running, and burned out a sullivan dynatron starter, the fuel supply and clunk is ok, I am using 32-1 mix on good motor bike oil, I start by putting Choke on and full throttle and turn engine over 5 or so times, and have fuel in feed going to engine, I then put throttle to idle or just above and turn ignition on, as I turn the prop I feel engine kick, I then give the prop a good spin and the engine fires but will not carry on, the engine fires every time from there on but will not run. the prop is set to 3 o'clock and allows me a good spin. the supply voltage is 7.4v lipo through an 8amp regulator supplying 4.9v to ignition system. I have tried cold start and by putting petrol into carb with syringe but I only get a good kick and nothing else, has anybody got any idea's I could try before I buy another starter motor, what a big disapointment as everybody on the forums seem to like there engines.[&o]