RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trainers - How easy are they?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 04:41 AM
crosswinds_swe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trainers - How easy are they?

ORIGINAL: timcat26

ORIGINAL: crosswinds_swe

Hello.

Im really excited to try the airplane later on.. And scared too.. But i understand that an extra is far more difficult, than an trainer. but then thing i cant understand is, that people makes it seem ''digital'' its either on or off. ThereĀ“s nothing in between, that i can not understand. Will the model be so terrible to handle in lower speeds? I Understand that its a far more speedy model, then the trainer, but couldnt it handle a bit lower speed than full (''ON'')? =)
The Extra, if handled properly, flows lower and slower much better than a trainer. The ''if handled properly'' is the key here. Much depends on the control throws you set it up with and the radio you're using (expo or not). If I were going to fly this as a second plane I'd make sure to use the servo arm holes and control surface holes that would give less response and then move them to get more responsive as I got more comfortable. You could also use a digital radio with high/low rates, expo and servo travel control to accomplish this.

The thing about the Extra or any plane like this is that it will go exactly where you point it, good or bad. A trainer will try and right itself, this one will not.

Firstly! Thank you very much! This really made a lot of sense to me. Atlast i got it explained to me!

Im going to use the DX7 radio. I think i can set the servo trows there. Its that what you are referring to?