RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Buyers Guide
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 10:41 AM
RVJimD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Buyers Guide

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

For example: The mini-t is an awesome car. I love everything about it; although mine is extremely upgraded. I'm sure anyone who is happy with the mini-t has upgraded electronics, and weak parts. The stock mini-t isn't very impressive. My dad sold his because it frustrated him so much. I almost did; my mini-t had a lot of shelf time. Since mini choices were limited at the time, but I liked minis, I decided to keep it. After upgrading it, it's my favorite car. I have two of them; three at one point.
You don't even want to get me started on the mini-slider or mini-late model. I think you should remove the part where it says "great for racing" and replace it with "It's a novelty look-alike car." It can be made into a racer with lots of aftermarket support, but Losi made no attempt to make it race ready out of the box. What they did is slap a longer chassis on and added some more cheaply made parts, so they could make some money.
Me and a few friends have been running the mini sliders on my backyard track and they seem to work pretty good. There are certainly a few issues with them but overall they work pretty well. (See Foodstick post with video of night race).

The quote above makes me wonder if I were to build or buy another car in the same scale and wanted another sprint chassis and sprint car look what would people recomend other than the Losi?

Our initial decision to go with the Losi mini slider was the good detail and ready to run with fairly good performance. We are running on a 75' track so WOT runs down the straight away does not take anything more than a stock setup to get out of shape.

The price point was also a big factor, although I have since upgraded to a brushless micropro system.

Good thread, glad to find more info on the subject!

Jim