RCU Forums - View Single Post - the simple flying pleasure of a 2M R/E glider
Old 08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
CBM Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the simple flying pleasure of a 2M R/E glider

Let us know how you like your radian, love mine and brought me back to flying again the way I like it, simple and fun without hassles. I too want a new r/e ship. Been trying to save up for a sig riser 100, but one thing or another keeps getting in the way it, life goes on...So, in the meantime been building and experimenting with homemade designs. Made a hotwire bow saw out of parts around the shop, and cutting wing panels out of pink foam. I had one 137 or 157 inches, can't remember for sure, r/e only. Flew incredibly slow and thermalled in what seemed dead air, but it only weighed about 28ozs, and couldn't penetrate a dogs bark, heh heh. After awhile "pinky" kinda fell apart due to abuse, so building a few smaller models now. I never used to like foam, but after my radian maiden, gained much more respect, and many ideas. We are all only limited by our imagination when it comes to building and flying these most basic, simple, and fun sailplanes. That is what I am finding out again, how to make something heavier than the air around it, gain altitude and actually fly! Someday maybe a full house bird, but for now, I can't imagine a more relaxing awe inspiring thing as rising up towards the clouds using only basic rudder and elevator.