RCU Forums - View Single Post - Modeltech Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 PM
WesleyK
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Modeltech Super Cub

Well finally the maiden flight happened yesterday. Between the high winds and other things I haven't flown since January. Blade mcx doesn't count. It was 85 degrees 5 to 6 mph quartering breeze on a paved runway. I reread LCACING's original post and really can't add to it. This plane is a great flyer. I swear I was riding the heat of the runway. I made 6 flights before I even tried the flaps. As I said earlier in the thread I am running a E-Flite power 46 on 4cells. Plenty of power. I did have to add about three ounces of lead just behind the motor. I guess the ideal setup would be a 5cell 5000mah battery. Not so much for the extra cell just for adding useful weight rather than lead. If low and slow is your thing this is the right choice. Loops and barrel rolls are great. I still have to remove the wing to change batteries but I don't care. The payoff is worth it. I could go on and on but you get the idea. One thing on the stock tires. Paved runway plus cross wind equals shredded tires. I will be replacing them with larger rubber.Happy flying.