RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier Dominator Buildup
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 09:22 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lanier Dominator Buildup

I wouldn't use a rod. I'd use some CF tow or the premade CF sheet stuff that's about .007 thick. I'd use a strip full span about an inch wide at the high point of the airfoil on top and bottom of the wing. I'm assuming it's a sheeted foam wing of course. Lay the CF on the skin after you have wetted out the skin and then put a little more epoxy on the CF. I am not sure about the building sequence for the dominator but I prefer to join the bare cores first and then sheet them full span. You could also put some glass cloth on the skins in the center section internally. That will reduce the finishing time not having to blend the heavier cloth on the outside of the wing. I'd still use a layer of light cloth on the outside of the center section.
I hope this makes sense!
For what it's worth, I talked to Lanier the other day and they said the Predator wing is plenty strong for Nelson engines. I haven't destroyed one yet so I haven't gotten to look inside one to see if it has any structural enhancements beyond standard sheeted foam. I have flown two Predators with the Caps Jett engine. I have thought about getting a Dominator just to try.
Later,,,basmntdweller