RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lado retracts, do the really exist?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Joespeeder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Hi G-Pete,

Thanks for the kind words.

The Caterham that was in the mud and snow wasn't mine. When we went for that ride mine didn't have it's wings (fenders) on yet and was about a month and half from being licensed. The day after those pictures were taken I had my wings at the LineX place having the bottoms of them coated with a thin coat of that protective plastic stone chip stuff. I was surprised that Dave (the other Sevener) brought his out in the spring muck but I wasn't going to turn down the ride

Here's me driving mine in its natural habitat. http://kathryn-rapier.smugmug.com/ph..._WVjJK-L-1.jpg

The only dirt mine has ever seen is on the short access road to race tracks like Waterford Hills etc. The Seven you see in the muddy pics had its windshield broken, rear wing destroyed, and the rear live axle re aligned by a deer that ran into the side of it as he was going to the next to last US Gran Prix at Indy. I was in the stands during practice and got a call saying he needed a ride home. Luckily I had the Envoy and not the Seven. Dave's car is all repaired now but it took a good while since it's best to have to have the chassis work done at a shop that works on formula cars and know what their doing.

I will have my Seven out this weekend as I'm instructing for the Aston Martin guys at Gingerman Raceway. Talk about opposites...... Fun either way. Hmmmmmm.... Tail Lights...... Sounds like a challenge

Since you have 4 more cylinders...... I get to pick the track

Zoooommmmmmmmm

Any news from Lado ?? Anyone else gotten theirs recently??

Joe