RCU Forums - View Single Post - the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless
Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless

Um...

I know someone out there probably has 'em scanned... and I feel like a fool for misplacing my set... but can someone e-mail me the Dauntless Build plans?

I'm at the stage where I want to start the superstructure assembly before I glue the D1-3 deck pieces down, mainly to be sure they aren't placed too far inward (requiring sanding) or outward (requiring shimming) I've already noticed my balsa shers aren't quite level... but as they aren't the deck, I can make sure the D-pieces are all level when the go down (8 kilos of lead sheet cut in managable strips can make nice hold-downs, and the 1/44 inch ex-hockey rink glass is definately a flat surface!)

PM me, but the e-mail link works too. I'll make sure its linked to my Rogers address so Hotmail won't bounce it.

Rich:

Thanks for the data... and I tracked it back to the Tremclad/Rustoleum proper ID #'s: 27274 for OLD Cat Yellow, and 27275 for NEW Cat Yellow. The ID# you gave me was specific to the hardware company you sourced, but it DID lead me to check the Rustoleum source! And its Canada/US common, unlike many other brands that use different #'s for US or Canada-distributed items (like The Source/Circuit City) Now to see if I can find it to see which of the two matches.

Thanks in advance,
WhiteWolf