Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 electric or nitro buggy

ORIGINAL: Furadi

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Furadi

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

I have both nitro and electric, and I personally like nitro 1/8 better. First of all, the class is booming. There is about 10 heats of nitro buggy and 1 heat of electric buggy at big races. Nitro really isnt all that much maintence, it takes an hour to get it in top condition after a race weekend. If you race, you dont have to 'lug around' your starter box or glow igniter, you just have it in the pits and your pit man starts it up and does everything else. I find nitro more rewarding too for some reason. I have never had a problem with tuning an engine or any other nitro related issues most beginner's face.
What are you smoking?? How in the hell can you possibly clean an 1/8 in 1 hour? YOU CANT.
I have a electric screwdriver so times will be a little faster than people who use hand tools. 4 minutes to remove engine and carb link, 3 minutes to take radio tray off, 5 minutes to do things like taking the tank off, loosening pipe mounting screw to get the pipe off, etc., We are now at 12 minutes. 30 mintues to clean off with air compressor, simple green, wd40 and pledge then any bearings that I can see. Now 6 minutes to clean off the engien with simple green, spin to clutch to make sure bearings are not gritty, and clean off the radio tray with simple green. Now another 12 minutes to reassemble, and what do you know, 1 hour later!
I feel sorry for your 1/8th if you're actually cleaning it that fast... What about clutch maintenance? Or cleaning of the radio tray? Just inspecting, de-burring and polishing the clutch bell should take you at least 15 minutes..

Either way it's moot... Maybe you do clean faster than most. If that is the case than it would only take you 10 minutes to clean a brushless 1/8.
Thats my after heat before main clean. When I go home it takes about 4 hours to inspect almost everything in the car. Thats when I do clutch, shocks, diffs, etc. I dont refill and clean everything in that time, but if the shocks arent smooth or the diff is leaking/low of fluid, thats when I refill/clean.