RCU Forums - View Single Post - the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless
Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Rich404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless

Hi Whitewolf,

Sorry, I have been offline for the last bunch o' days. Did you get the plank thingy straightened out? It is a headache when ya think something looks right and have to go back and correct it. Here I am 11 years later fixing little things here & there that went wrong on the original build. It is very annoying...

To answer the question above, I think it is a good idea to carefully remove & reset the planks according to Dumas instructions, but you have to make the executive decision on that. I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference or not or how well you fixed them in place..

I haven't been able to work on Dauntless for about a week now. I have been waiting for the Transom proof to come back plus overtime at work AND house work threw a wrench in my clock work.

Today I finally approved the proof for the transom lettering so it will be sent to me shortly. It was a bit pricey to order the custom lettering, but I am sure it will look better than what I can do free hand. I will post it when it arrives.

I cannot wait to check it out.

-Rich.