RCU Forums - View Single Post - the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless
Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless

Rich:

You're the only one thats commented on 'em. And you're right, if they are going down neatly, who the heck cares if they went on the hull in the wrong order. I AM gonna run the C's thru my table-dremel with the caw blade on to rip 'em into two bits so they can be conform'd to the shape better. It may also leave me with enough spare from the split bits to make do with just the 5 C's instead of 6, as I dinna waste any at the mottom/side junction (or VERY little)

OH... finally got off my tush, and hit the copy/scan shop (its only a mile away) and found out scans are DIRT cheap... 0.25 cents a sq.ft. (and Cdn yet!) so I'm having both sheets (yea, I found 'em) at at least 300 dpi, though i asked if they could dop 'em as high as 600. Anyone wanting a set, just hollar (PS: they should be ready by 17:00 Eastern, and then I just need to upload 'em - [:@] BLAST [:@], they ain't done, guess I'll have to go get 'em tomorrow! You can stioll email/PM to 'reserve' a copy )

I also decided to get my masters first copied so I can highlight where the superstructure plates go, and then have the masters laminated after the scan. I really like having masters that will LAST... don't you? Besides, they make nice display pieces when you have the model at a show.

I may slowly get all my plans and prints done over at the shop, both scan'd and lam'd... and order a few more plans I've been contemplating. Besides, they make nice wall decor, always hated paintings, they usually cost too much or are tacky as hell.