RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's here and Looks GOOD new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft
Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 PM
mobyal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's here and Looks GOOD new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft

I picked mine up on Friday and got it unpacked and inspected yesterday. It really looks good. There was no shipping damage, even though the box had some crushed places and a hole punched through the top. No wrinkles at all in the covering. Everything fits together well, though I haven't yet messed with the gear. I'll probably start on it tomorrow and, contrary to the sequence in manual, will do the wings first. I plan to use a solder clevis on the servo horn and the screw-on clevis on the aileron rather than the way the manual shows. I simply don't trust any control surface secured by a screwon clevis at both ends. Don't care how many jam nuts you put on there, it'd be just my luck to have one of the rods vibrate loose. The way shown is probably OK, but it's just me. I prefer the solder clevis. Then servos in the fuse and I'll mount the gear and the tail surfaces and probably will use epoxy as well as the bolts on the tail. Again, just me. Belt and suspenders. Still not sure what I'll power it with. I have an EVO 1.0 NIB, and the new EVO 120 looks tempting, particularly at $70 less than the OS 120 2-cycle. Wonder how those will fit the predrilled firewall holes, if at all.
All in all, great job, H9!
Al