RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Spitfire Build
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 08:58 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: H9 Spitfire Build

ORIGINAL: N1EDM

I've just noticed the distance between the tank centerline and the carb - it's quite a bit. Has anyone had an issue with this? I was running a Magnum 91 but it really sagged on me in flight. I switched that to a OS 91FX, but haven't flown that engine yet. Tomorrow will tell. I wanted to use the Magnum because it was broken in. The OS is relatively new.

Bob

The 91 will break in quite well with the procedure in the manual. I've got a number of them working now and all flew after a one tank breakin by the book.

I can tell you that moving the tank is fairly easy and it works great after the move. I noticed the tank centerline deal as I was assembling the sucker and fixed it then. I set the tank up with 2 clunks in case the engine needed uniflow. The hoses were done for a normal feed however as uniflow sometimes siphons. It flies great with the normal feed. I'm considering redoing the hoses on the Corsair and P47 for normal feed as those two both siphon if I don't hemostat a line. They have 91FXs and I figure if the Spit's 91FX draws good, they will too. Those two flew to begin with with the uniflow hoses and that's all they've seen. Excellent engine runs, but the hemostat deal sucks.