RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbirds Over Louisville - Oct. 3rd and 4th
Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Warbirds Over Louisville - Oct. 3rd and 4th

ORIGINAL: tevans55

Ram 3500-
That would be great if you can come. It looks like you may have a H9 Corsair. I would like to put mine up with you and get some photos with another H9 Corsair. I recently modified mine to drop a bomb. Here are a couple of shots of my Corsair that I will be flying.
That sounds cool.

That is my brother's kit-built Top Flight Corsair. He did a wonderful job on it....... 'twice'!!! Last year, he broke both wings off at the bend, at a fly-in, when he tip stalled on landing. Rebuilt it over the winter and has been flying it at events all year without incident. On one flight this year, I was flying it and the gear wouldn't retract. I landed and we found that the supply valve had blown and we lost all air. Still can't believe the gear didn't collapse with 0 pressure, but it held. It was a full flap grease job, fortunately.

We are building a Meister 1/5 scale P-47 (102") and it may be done in time to bring it. Here are the wings with the metal on them. My brother said he wants us to build a Meister Corsair next. Maybe next year for that.

Anyway, we will try to make it. It sounds like fun and isn't too far away.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25141.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1271051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19466.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1271052