RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mac conversion questions
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 12:05 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Mac conversion questions

The 28 and 32 Mac weedies look indentical on the outside. I'm on the other side of the nation right now but I'm thinking that there is a 28 or 32 somewhere on the cylinder. I'm thinking its on the edge of the base? I have a 28 that I converted to a 32 with the addition of a 32 cylinder.

They look nice with the C-H ignition. They look like they were supposed to be a model engine all along.

They work better with a larger carb like the one fron a Zenoah G23 Walbro WA167 but I understand that they are no longer available. I bought mine from Carr Precision. They have a 28 molded into the venturi on the air inlet side. That's a 7/16" venturi. I've also used a 32 (1/2") Walbro carb on them.

The newer Homelite and Poulan chain saws make nice conversions too. Though you will be forced to use the C-H ignition with some models. The original carb is big enough on these providing you don't get a new type 4 Poulan with the non adjustable sealed carb. The 33 through 46cc sizes all weigh the same. A source for the Homelite would be Cummings Tool. Lawn Station often has sales and they also play the game on Ebay.

Enjoy,

Jim